Simple and magical kids Christmas crafts
Christmas is such a magical time for kids and I am always looking for easy kids Christmas crafts. Sometimes it’s the simple things that the kids will remember the most as they get older, and these recipes are an easy and fun way to add some holiday cheer. Every year we leave the same old plate of cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer – but this year, we are leaving out some reindeer food instead.
Making reindeer food
The kids will love making these simple recipes for two different kinds of reindeer food this season. One is edible for both them and the reindeer, and the other is purely magical reindeer food (inedible for kids). Whichever one you choose to leave out for the reindeer this year, have fun with the kids making it.
Recipe for edible reindeer food:
— Crispix cereal (1 box)
— bag of chocolate chips
— 3/4 cup of peanut butter
— one cup powdered sugar
1. Melt chocolate in a double boiler on the stove.
2. Add peanut butter to the melted chocolate and stir until the peanut butter melts.
3. Put the Crispix in a large bowl or large Ziploc bag and pour the melted chocolate mixture over it. Add the powdered sugar and toss to coat. Spread it out on cookie sheets to dry and then break into small pieces.
Recipe for magical reindeer food:
1. One cup of uncooked oats
2. Glitter – you can choose any colors you want
3. Add ingredients to small bags and shake.
4. Tie with a ribbon onto the bag
Attach the following on a small tag:
“Sprinkle on the lawn at night. The moon will make it sparkle bright. Santa’s reindeer fly and roam. This will guide them to your home.”
I know with all the hustle and bustle of the holidays it can be hard to find time to make things with your kids. These simple recipes are all about bringing some spirit back into your holidays. Take some time to have fun with your family this year as you make these easy kids Christmas crafts.