Here are edible Christmas crafts for kids that they’ll enjoy making as much as they enjoy eating
There is something about Christmas that calls for crafts and food, so why not combine the two for yummy edible Christmas crafts for kids. Your kids will love spending time in the kitchen with you to create these easy Christmas crafts for kids. I made these stained glass candies with my mom every Christmas, starting when I was 4-years-old. Since then, I’ve made them a tradition of my own.
Stained Glass Candy
I hope you can make these stained glass candies an annual Christmas tradition for you and your kids. With minimal supervision and assistance from you, these treats will be a hit! Keep in mind that each slice of this delicious candy is very rich, so a little goes a long way. If you are giving these sweets to friends, family, and co-workers, remember that tip.
— 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
— 1 stick of butter – quartered
— Mini, colored marshmallows
— Powdered sugar
— Chopped nuts of your choosing (optional)
— Wax paper
— Mixing bowl
1. Pour your bag of chocolate chips and stick of butter into a microwaveable safe bowl. Heat until they’re completely melted, stirring when necessary to prevent burning.
2. Using the mixer, lightly beat the chocolate until it cools.
3. Stir in your colored marshmallows (and nuts if you are using them).
4. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the surface of your waxed paper to keep the chocolate from sticking.
5. Pour your chocolate-marshmallow mixture into a log-shape in the center of the waxed paper. Roll into a log, twisting the ends of the waxed paper together.
6. Refrigerate the chocolate log-shaped mass until hardened (only a few minutes)
7. Slice into 1/2-inch pieces (like cookie dough).
Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
These look fabulous served on a silver or glass tray. You won’t need to embellish your food display with these stained glass candies. They’re all the decoration you’ll need!
Wrap these candies in a cellophane bag and let your kids share these sweet treats with their teachers. There’s no better gift for the people that spend so much time with your kids, than these edible Christmas crafts for kids.